<VV> alternate and spare tire

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 21:07:22 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Marschner" <emarschn at gmail.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:32 PM
Subject: <VV> alternate and spare tire

> My jack is jacked.  I need a new one.  I am curious to know if anybody
> out there carries around a more modern jack in their Corvair - say
> from a Cavalier or some other newer vehicle.  My idea is that I can go
> to the junk yard and pick up a jack to use.  This would be for my '67
> Monza Cvt.
>
> Same question goes for spare...  I believe if I grabbed a spare tire
> (doughnut) from a '82-'92 Camaro it might work.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Eric
I have a jack from an 80 Dodge Aries.  It's a scissors jack and had a hole
in it which fit a pin on the bottom of the car at the jacking points.  A
former co-worker modified it by putting a large bolt through the hole and
"machining"  a slot to catch the rail on the bottom of my 64.  He had
migrated north from Kentucky and called it "Briarhopper technology"...works
for me!
Mike Ioanes