<VV> Four Speed Conversion: Final Steps

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 23:50:14 EST 2005

For those who followed my 4 speed conversion of my Greenbrier, the final steps are now under way.

It's been drivable for a few weeks, but a few more things needed to be done.  I removed the powerglide cable and dash switch and put the little block off plate in place where the switch lever used to be.

I have not located an unscratched trim piece for the gauge cluster yet.  I will just use the powerglide one with the tiny window in it for now.

I would like to use some sort of kill switch in place of the nuetral safety switch that was part of the old powerglide shifter.  Maybe something that would have to be pressed at the same time that the key is turned.  I would hide it someplace under the dash to make my van slightly more theft resistant.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm