<VV> So...worked on the vair some more

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 01:26:59 EDT 2005

Hey all, and Dale.

   It's been nice here, so I've been getting time on
the vair as much as I can(when my wonderful girlfriend
isn't taking up my time haha)  and I've got some
things installed now.  (hey, this could be the next
installment of my CORSA MN column)
   I can't remember which days I did what...but I've
been stockpiling parts from FLAPS, and Clarks, and
finally decided it was time to install some things.
So far I've done a good bit of work on the 110 that's
going in my Corsa, and I'm happy with it so far.  I've
got on it, a good clean distributor, with new points,
cap, rotor, condensor, and lead, going to a new
diamond coil.  I also tested out the blower bearing
with the fan/pulley assembly on it to make sure that
it was in good working order-very good bearing in
there.  No noise, and it spins freely for a good
satisfying ammount of time.  I also installed a nice
new Fuel pump.  Now I just need some carbs to pump the
gas to(and a new line to pump it through...and a clean
tank to hold the gas..and....)
    Tried taking the harmonic balancer off the frozen
turbo, and ripped it in half....now I'm gonna haffa
buy a new one(*cries*)  but I guess that's a good item
to have new anyhow.  I did drain the old sludg...er I
mean...oil out of the engine....that was an
interesting task all in itself...had the motr drop on
my leg for that one...glad it wasn't a V-8!
   I've got a bunch of other new parts, but most of
them aren't going on until the engine is in the
car....or as I've taken the frozen one out.  I've got
all the good stuff going on in that process...ALL new
brakes with a dual MC conversion kit, new fuel lines,
heavy duty U-joints...and I have a great shocks on the
car now.  There also came in my trunk of goodies a
nice newer motor mount that I plan on using on my car.
   Other than that, I should have my Rally rims
sometime this week(while I'm in Wisconsin, or playing
a gig...or the day I leave for Missouri to pick up my
Dad's Corvair)  and I will get them to my best Buddy
Scott who is going to blast them in Auto at school.

   Oh, and I almost forgot.  I applied the first coat
of POR-15 to the floors in there today....did a good
job of it too.  I used 3 cans and a big cheap
brush(actually, it was nice for the price) for the
coat, and it turned out VERY nicely.  Can't wait for
the final coat...

   And I suppose you're interested that my dad is
buying a Corvair?  He purchased a 1964 2 door Monza
Coupe(with nice 15 inch alloy wheels and a dual MC
kit...4 on the floor and a 110 with Pertronix
Ignition)  from Travis Bolton in Missouri.  We're
traveling down this Saturday (um...4/09/05)  to
Liberty, Missouri to get in, and drive it back up to
the Twin Cities, where it will be painted Monte Carlo
Yellow, and then driven back up to Our home here in
Bovey, MN.  I'm excited to have one that drives around
here.  My dad is planning on using it as his daily
driver.

   That's about all I have for now.  If anybody is
ever up in the area feel free to drop by and stare at
my 65 Corsa for a while and tell me how nice it is.

Oh, and I'm using this now...but figured I'd share it
with ya'll too.

Yup,
Ryan
65 Corsa Coupe/110
Running for BoD Central Div.....Vote for Meeeee!

And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.