<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 17

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 14:34:38 EDT 2005

Josh,

You need to talk to your state's insurance commission, especially if your company isn't holding their feet to the fire, as is their job. Both will help you get this paid.
 If her policy says she can give permission for someone else to drive her car, her insurance should cover it. If he didn't have permission, he's a car theif and you can insist the police prosecute it as a felony. They don't get it both ways. He doesn't get to say he didn't have permission to drive it and then walk away, especially if he's insured himself.
You are the victim, and if you have to take off the gloves and quit being a nice guy, do it! Don't wait!
My '68 is still sitting with the damage incurred 15 years ago when a 16-year-old girl lent her mother's car to a friend from school without her permission. He drank most of a bottle of Jack Daniels and, on a suspended license, crushed the front of my parked car and took off. If he didn't abandon the car he never would have been caught. Progressive Insurance (may they all rot in Hell) stalled me by telling me they can't cover the car if he didn't have permission to drive it. The Wyoming insurance commission called that "bullshit," but the family dropped off the map before I could get it resolved. The driver went to jail for one of six charges filed, and since it wasn't over hitting my car, I got nothing but a wrecked car.
Long and the short--if you suck up what her company tells you, you'll get nothing. They don't make money by paying claims, and your company should not have to pay for their liability. I CAN guarantee that if your company pays, you can kiss whatever good driver or good customer discounts you have goodbye. That stuff hangs around seven years IF you go back at seven years and tell them you want the discounts back.

Chuck Kubin

----However if he does not admit he hit me then her insurance will not cover the
cost to fix my car, so then we have take him to small claims court for the
cost to fix the car.----