<VV> Convertible Top Latch Broken.

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 4 15:40:01 EDT 2005

My 65 convertible has broken off the latch on the right side.  This is the part that has the hook in it (chromed pot metal).  One side of it broke off where the pin goes through it.  Southwest lists the part (their part number 2027), but this is the whole latch assembly.  Maybe this is what I need, but question is how the heck do I get it off.  I don't see any screws holding it on.  I would have preferred to have changed just the hook part if possible, since I previously had all of the top mechanism powder coated, and the part from Southwest will probably be painted, and surely will not match.  Any one ever had this problem or replaced this part?  Also would like to buy part from someone that possibly has a parts car with one still on it.  I could also use the plastic rail wedges (Left and right), Southwest's part numbers L 1680 and R 8643.  They are missing on my car. (these are just forward of the latches).  Only have the holes where they mount.  Any advice on how to do this appreciated, either on line or off. If you have the parts and are willing to part with them, please contact me off line so as not to bore the group.  Thanks for any help.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.
65 Monza Contv.
67 Monza Coupe.