<VV> Speaking of tires...

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 15:46:08 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/4/2005 12:19:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

> 1 Where can we get the necessary tire irons? Does anyone have these for
> sale?
>
> 2 Will ordinary hand-irons actually allow a person to remove and install
> radial
> tires?
>
> 3 Considering that most of us have no balancing equipment, what will be the
> recommended procedure for balancing/re-balancing tires?

*************************

1 Motorcycle Shops......most MC  rear tires are larger than our 13"  nowadaze

2  No problem!      HF  and others sell the "Tire Bead Breaker", or you drive
up on the deflated tire and POP!

3  13  tires are almost never in need of a balance.....nowadaZe......tires
are made by machines....tolerances are closer than ever!

OTHERWISE    HF  sells bubble balancers.....OR     a homemade disc  held up
by a nail.....glass of water on top!    Simple but works.....and is faster than
spinning the mounted wheel / tire and seeing if it stops in the same place
twice!  If less than 2 OZ  of weight and, need to use 2 equal @  60 deg.
apart.....look at your new cars / wheels....one weight, most of the time..

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V