Fwd: <VV> '60 Corvair (Continued)

Dave Keillor dkeillor at ultrex.com
Mon Apr 4 15:59:58 EDT 2005

Nope a boot was used to cover holes the size of a half dollar that resulted
from a blow-out.  They were multi-ply affairs shaped to the inside of a
tire.  The pressure in the tube held them in place until they wore through
or blew-out (soon), in which case you did it again.  This was war time and
any rotten old tire with even a little bit of tread was like gold.