<VV> Re:Tire Boots

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 16:12:21 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/4/2005 1:08:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dkeillor at ultrex.com writes:

> Nope a boot was used to cover holes the size of a half dollar that resulted
> from a blow-out.  They were multi-ply affairs shaped to the inside of a
> tire.  The pressure in the tube held them in place until they wore through
> or blew-out (soon), in which case you did it again.  This was war time and
> any rotten old tire with even a little bit of tread was like gold.

My friend who passed away recently, always told the story of being in Japan
during the "occupation".....driving his 49 Ford.........100's of flats in 4
yrs....

Picked it up in Seattle to drive back to LA      didn't  get out of town
before buying new tires....

Seems in Japan..you never drove over 25mph on any road....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V