<VV> COMPUTER HELP, NO CORVAIR.

BRUCE BLACKMON blackmon at llano.net
Fri Apr 8 20:33:41 EDT 2005

Sorry, I don't know who to ask but you guys, ya'll know everything. A friend upgraded my computer, it needed it, I had been running an Intell 500 OS, and could not go higher than 800 with my motherboard, so, he builds a new system using all my stuff so it would still be mine when finished. New motherboard and  Intell 1.8 OS, however he did one little extra thing. He could not believe I was still running 98, so sue me, I like it. He put a second drive in at C: with a bootleg edition of XPpro on it, so I could "try it", without doing a full install of it over my drive and my 98. The drive is tiny, just big enough for the XP, so it boots to the XP, then I am supposed to open E: which is my old drive, and find and open what files I want to use from there. I can't do anything with it, so HOW DO I GET THE XP OUT AND HAVE IT BOOT TO MY OLD DRIVE AGAIN? Do I have to do an uninstall of the XP, remove that drive, and then should it boot as always? Do I have to go into BIOS  and change something? I did pull the XP drive out and it did reboot to my old drive but only in 2 or 16 color so the desktop is very large and I can't get to anything. I know, take it back and have him fix it, he is going through a nasty divorce and has a very short fuse, and he did do it all for free. This has to be simple to do, I just need to know what to do. Remember, new XP drive is C: , HP CD burner is D: . old drive with everything on it is E: Tell me what to do, PLEASE. Having to use my old puter I gave to Mom to reach the world, HELP! Thanks BRUCE