<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 49

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Fri Apr 8 20:57:18 EDT 2005

Even I know that Late Models do not have the resistor in the defroster duct.
Also, Late Models have only one cable and lever to control the relative mix
of Air or Heat.  Thus, if the Heat control is switched off and the Fan is
turned on, nothing would be pulled into the Engine compartment at all (same
as on Early if Both Heat and Air Levers are turned off)  On a Late Model,
you push the Heat lever part-way down to open the Air Valve, about half-way
down to have both Heat and Air valves partly open, and all the way down to
have the heat valve full open and Air full closed.

Bill