<VV> door hinges

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 9 11:15:37 EDT 2005

The hardest part is getting the Phillips screws out of the doors.
The pins just punch right out. The original bushings are nylon, replacements
will generally be bronze.
You may only be able to find slightly larger pins/bushings, in which case
you must carefully select your drill sizes. Test them in a piece of wood to
see that the bushing will push into the hole with some friction. I also had
to file the hinge opening a little before the two halves of the hinges fit
together again because the flanges on the bushings are thicker than stock. I
went for a little friction there too, to keep the door nice and snug on the
hinge.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun