<VV> Stock forums for each model year Corvair created at www.virtualcorvairclub.com

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sun Apr 10 12:04:41 EDT 2005

Hi Gang,

I've created a complete "Stock" sub-forum at
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com

Below is the description of the the purpose of the new sub-forum as well as
some examples of postings.

To summarize; the purpose of the "stock" sub-forum is to create the ultimate
online reference for what it means to be stock.  Yes... this will be a big
undertaking and I will need some people to step up to help out.... anyway...
here is the description as posted in the new forum:

Posting from http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com:

The purpose of the stock forum is to document as well as we can, exactly
what a stock corvair looks like. From the smallest wiring harness details to
a picture of the overall vehicle... everything is appropriate for the stock
forum IF the picture taken is of a vehicle or option that is known to be
stock. Of particular interest will be pictures of Fisher body tags and list
of FACTORY options on the vehicle. However, body tags of a particular year
with no description are desired as well. Some examples:

 If you have a picture of your 1964 Sunvisor which you KNOW has never been
changed, take a picture of it and post it under post entitled "1964
sunvisor"

 Take a picture of your 1966 Corvair Fisher body tag and post it under the
year of your vehicle with a post title of "Body tag, 1966 Corvair Corsa"
(Insert the appropriate year of your vehicle where it makes sense). If you
are comfortable posting the VIN... post it as it will help tie specific
options to specific dates.

 Post a picture of your 1964 NOS Spyder hubcaps under the post title of
"1964 Spyder hubcaps"

 Almost ANYTHING can be posted... the more pictures, the better... as long
as whatever is being photographed (with the exception of Fisher body tags,
where it doesn't matter if they were repainted) has never been restored.

 We will draw on as much expertise as we can, and use as much available
information to supplement the posts.

 Posts which are found to be incorrect will be removed (or moved) by a
moderator.

 A request will be made of CORSA to use Scans of "Stock Is" from the CORSA
Communique. If allowed, these will be posted in the appropriate category.

 I will be looking for moderators for specific model years. If you feel you
have sufficient knowledge of a particular year (or even a willingness to
invest the time to moderate a year that you are interested in) and wish to
be a moderator for a particular year and/or model (for example, you wish to
moderate 1964 Greenbriers, or all of 1966 Corvair models, or ANY combination
of years and models), please contact me at:

 joew at diveaz.com

 With your qualifications. Your qualifications can be as simple as "I'm
interested in the 1963 Monza series and would like to be the moderator for
the stock section in 1963" or as complex as "I wrote the "Stock is" section
for CORSA Communique (hehe... attention Larry) <grin>"

 Anyway... the purpose of this forum is to create an online photographic and
text database that describes what Stock is for any particular year Corvair.

 This is an incredibly long term project... but with little bits of
information from anyone who wishes to contribute, I suspect we can build an
excellent online resource.

 If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email or PM me.

 Kind Regards,

 Joe West

Joe West
Administrator