<VV> Input shaft seal/main seal replacement

Pitts10ch at aol.com Pitts10ch at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 20:49:14 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

Well an old problem fails to make itself better.  My car is leaving  drips
under the bell housing when I park it.  It was off the road all  winter but was
run and moved around 2-3 times a month.  Last summer the  leaking got slower
as I drove more but now it is worse than before.  I have  smelled the fluid and
I cannot tell that it is gear oil vs engine oil.   Anyway, I guess I need to
open this up and check it out and probably replace  both.  I am debating doing
it myself.  The engine has never been out  of the car and I have never pulled
one out.  I have all the manuals.   Is this really difficult or can I do
this?  I do all of my own work on  everything else.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris Hand
'66 Corsa 140/4