<VV> Input shaft seal/main seal replacement

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 10 21:00:32 EDT 2005

You can do it.  First time it is a bear until you get used to the little
idiosyncrasies, like all jobs on a specific model car.  Easiest with two
jacks; a floor jack and another or scissor jack.  Better yet are a
transmission jack for the engine. Better than that is a motorcycle jack.
You can pull just the engine.  Rear exhaust panel (with grilles under the
bumper) is sometimes is hard to get to the bolts/screws that hold the sheet
metal together, due to rust or age or dents, etc.  Rest of the sheet metal
is awkward at first. Easiest if you clean everything as you take it off or
once taken out.  Really helps assembly not to have to do it then.  Don't be
afraid to ask questions.  We all started on these things and maybe you can
profit from our mistakes..."my" mistakes.

Good Luck

Chuck S
YS73
BBRT