<VV> Input shaft seal/main seal replacement

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sun Apr 10 21:02:58 EDT 2005

Removing an engine/trans/diff is an absolute piece-of-cake.  Follow the
service manual, take it slow, pay very close attention to details to make
sure you don't leave anything connected as you drop the drivetrain.

Also... I can't recommend strongly enough that you make, build, borrow or
steal <grin> a Corvair engine removal attachment to fit on your floor jack;
it makes life SO MUCH EASIER.  Used one on my last install (first time out
of 5 or so engine pulls) and I couldn't believe how much easier it was to
install an engine with the proper support.

Joe West
Administrator
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com