<VV> Well, we've got it.

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 21:07:03 EDT 2005

In one day we went from Grand Rapids,MN-to Kansas
City,MS (is that right for Missouri?)  and back far
enough to the twin cities where we are staying while
the car is being painted yellow.  That's right,
Yellow.

We ran out of gas suddenly in Des Moines, Iowa getting
13.9 miles to the gallon in my dads 92 Blazer(with the
largest v-6 for that year  a 4.3 litre)  and had to go
get gas.  After that, it was pretty much smooth
sailing down to Travis's house and his directions were
perfect.

Missouri is a beautiful state...especially down where
Travis lives...  I got to take the first drive in the
Vair...took it down the road with my mom, and it was
my first ever ride drive of my life!(if you remember
correctly, I had never before yesterday ridden in OR
driven a Corvair in my life...and by the way...I'm
hooked.)

I hate the bucket seats in the car...can't recline,
real far forward...and my dad JUSt fits in the front
seat(he's not really...um...fat, but he's got a good
belly goin on...and he's like 6'3" anyhow.

Oh, and my dad just reminded me...on I-35 in
Minnesota, we spotted a Studebaker (like...a 56 maybe)
and thought it was cool...as we got closer, we noticed
something peculiar...the person driving it was a
CLOWN....full on, was an older person...in full old
clown dress(you know, afro rainbow wig, suit,
paint)...just fighting that original steering.  it was
very...interesting?  haha, kinda cool, we thought.

the car is beautiful.  the paint is actually in real
good shape(even though it is, we're still having it
painted tomorrow)  and there are a LOT of nice new
parts on the car...my dad was hoping to find some
things to buy for his car...but everything is
perfect....only thing he needs is a speaker for the AM
radio in it, and it'll be groovy....we hooked it up to
an AUX speaker, and it sounded great.

Bolted flywheel, new clutch, perfect wiring harns, new
clutch cable, K&N air filter, Pertronix...wonderful.
It does have a Spyder dash too, which is cool.

Other than that, I don't think there's much else I can
say.  The car handles wonderfully, and it's in GREAT
shape!

Ryan
Running for Central Div BoD-your votes appreciated!

And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.