<VV> 'American" English spelling-sans corvair

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 22:30:16 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/10/2005 6:44:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com writes:

> "one OFF"--which ,in my book ,is like 2nd place or just missed the mark;
> doesn't make sense to praise the daylights out of somebody's creation,then call
> it a "9"...Tom

Tom,  on the western side of the planet....a "One -off"  is any mass produced
item  that was built special [ slight modification done to no other ].

Harley Earl, Bill Mitchell  of GM  had production cars "customized" for their
personal tastes.....BY THE FACTORY.....as such  their personal cars were "one
offs"....since no others were made that way....

Any ITEM  after production / sale to the public....can not be a
"oneoff".....it becomes a customized ITEM.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V