<VV> Re: Input shaft seal/main seal replacement

Lauren C Mizel slmizel at juno.com
Sun Apr 10 22:47:08 EDT 2005

This last fall I did my first drivetrain removal and install.  I am only
a novice monkey wrencher and was quite nervous about taking this on with
such limited experience.  I ended finding a local club (the Show Me
Coravir Club) and at the first meeting I attended asked if anyone would
be willing to assist a rookie with an engine pull.  I had two guys step
up and offer to help me out.  I would have a lot more confidence with it
now, it really wasn't that hard...but I would recommend, if you haven't
done it before and are nervous about you ability, that you contact your
local club.  I have been tremendously impressed with Corvair people by
and large -- very  generous with their knowledge and talents.

Steve Mizel, St. Louis
CORSA, SMCC
1965 Corsa Vert 140/4