<VV> steering wander at highway speeds

Vanderlind, Patrick PVanderl at mwestmp.com
Mon Apr 11 18:20:10 EDT 2005

Is there a good way to correct or reduce any steering wander at highway
speeds? At 70 my 65 can wander around quite a bit. I find that I am
correcting the steering constantly, ESPECIALLY IN WIND! I have never driven
a late model with the front spoiler, does this help? I am contemplating the
steering dampener Clark's sells. Any suggestions? I swapped out my steering
box with one that is much tighter, put on a new pitman arm bushing, and
checked for any slop in my tie rods and idler. All seem to be in good order.

Thanks

Pat Vanderlind
62 Monza 900 cvt 102 Pg
65 Corsa 180 cpe DCOE40