<VV> Alt light glows on LM

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 21:14:10 EDT 2005

I have a 67 with an internal regulator (60 Amp) alternator that puts out 14 volts with engine running,  (I have a voltmeter...and reads battery voltage without engine running), and my light glows also. (really only noticeable at night).  I have completely removed the regulator and permanently shorted 1 to 4 and 2 to 3 where the cable plugged onto the regulator.   I also own a 65 Monza (w/monza dash) that I have done the same identical thing to, and the light on it does not glow.  The car that glows is a 67 Monza but P.O. had installed a Corsa dash.  I have since replaced the dash with a nicer one that I bought, and both exhibit the same thing, so I don't think it is caused by low alternator output. I too would be interested in what causes it.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.