<VV> Corvair weekend (was English spelling) / pinch of Corvair

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 11 22:00:08 EDT 2005

Subject: Re: <VV>  Corvair weekend  (was English spelling)
At 01:22 hours 04/10/2005, Stephen Upham wrote:
> Lary iz rite.  if u kan bee undurstod, wi wury ubout spelin?  purhaps
> this
> deskusion wood bes bee cuntinued on vv-talq.   JJJ

Wudden it yew who wuz cumplainen about spellin an writen in e-mails
bout uh
year ago?      ;)

Yes, that was me.  I also mentioned the mangled grammar.  It was by
invitation; which is the only way I engage in that activity.
What I learned from the experience is that one might point out the
error in others' methods on how to tighten a fan belt because every
Corvair owner seems to have the perfect solution, but you damn sure
better not point out any errors in the way they wrote their
explanations.  That, they can't handle.
  I  find it curious that there was a recent thread on the vv-talk about
the inability of store clerks to make correct change, but the lack of
writing and speaking skills seem to be overlooked.

I may start a new thread on recognizing sarcasm.  GG gg

There I go again.

Stephen Upham
Corvairium II