<VV> spring compression

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 22:06:32 EDT 2005

Kirk,

One thing you failed to mention is that the front end is out of the car,
which makes this a little trickier.

I'd suggest trying the shop manual method. Use a cable or chain through the
spring and attached to the lower shock bolt on the lower control arm. Remove
the  lower ball joint from the lower arm. The cable/chain will/should prevent
the  spring from "blowing a hole in your chest" or putting a hole in anything
else.  You might try doing this after the spring has been compressed with your
compressor.

If you'd like help, give me a call. I'll bring my flak jacket.

Ned