<VV> spring compression

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 11 22:12:57 EDT 2005

You're working on an old car built before McPherson struts became the norm,
so you don't need a spring compressor! It is in the service manual. That is
how I got mine out.

Just put a jack under the lower control arm, chain the spring so it doesn't
fly out, pop out the lower ball joint and lower the jack.

Getting the ball joint loose is the hard part. Some on this list have the
patience to get it out without using a pickle fork, but I'm not one of them
:o).

Marc Sheridan