<VV> fuel pump

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Tue Apr 12 07:53:39 EDT 2005

<<<I'm not getting gas to the carb (with either pump)>>> SNIP  Hmmm, gas
to engine compartment and apparently through the pump...  If you're
running the 'ol Carter, it takes very little pressure to put fuel into
it's bowl.  I really don't think it's the pump(s).  Time to pop the lid
of the Carter.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Collins, Richard
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 5:45 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> fuel pump

Does anyone have recommendation/experience with the fuel pump on a '66
turbo?  Mine has an "auxiliary" electric inline pump (installed to use
in case of vapor lock).  I've routinely used it prior to starting the
car using the mechanical pump.  I leave it on for ~20 seconds before
cranking and it has worked well (until last weekend!).  The mechanical
pump is pumping gas to the engine compartment and I'm not getting gas to
the carb (with either pump).  I have spark.  Clark's has various pump
setups; does anyone out there have a particular setup that they
recommend?