<VV> Fuel Pump

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Tue Apr 12 16:29:22 EDT 2005

> Subject: RE: <VV> fuel pump
>

> <<<I'm not getting gas to the carb (with either pump)>>> SNIP  Hmmm,
> gas to engine compartment and apparently through the pump...  If you're
> running the 'ol Carter, it takes very little pressure to put fuel
> into it's bowl.  I really don't think it's the pump(s).  Time to pop
the
> lid of the Carter.
Smitty says:  I never found what caused it but I had a problem with a YH
that every time the car sat for a few days the inlet valve needle would
stick in its seat and keep fuel out.  After a dozen times of pulling the
carb top and even changinge the valve I finally started taking the big
chrome nut off the top of the carb and easing a blunt wire down in there
to push the needle loose.  Problem finally went away.  Anyway it is
easier to do that than pull the top off.