<VV> idea for getting new Corsa members

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Apr 12 19:43:50 EDT 2005

Those of you who have received your April communique may have read my
"Reunion" article about my drive to the Lexington convention last summer and my stop
along the way to meet the current owner of the dealership that sold my car
when it was new.  Now, as Paul Harvey would say, the REST of the story:  I was so
grateful for the warm, kind and generous welcome I received at the dealership
that I checked the Corsa roster to see if the dealer was a Corsa member (he
owns a '67 Monza convertible).  He was not, so I filled out a membership
application in his name and included a check payable to corsa with an envelope and
mailed it to him.  I figured even if he's unimpressed, the communique might
find its way to the dealership's service department's waiting area thus giving
Corsa greater exposure.  Anyway, this leads me to a suggestion:  next time a
good Corvair buddy helps you with something, such as working on your car for you,
and he or she won't take payment for it, why not look to see if he or she is
a member of Corsa and, if not, consider a "gift" membership.  Perhaps the BoD
of Corsa might even consider extending a small discount for gift memberships!

Bill Stanley