<VV> Turn Signal & Brake Light Problem.

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Apr 12 21:37:04 EDT 2005

At 09:16 PM 4/12/05, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

>At some point the Greenbriar [sic] used a cable at the lever, moving the
>switch down at the bottom of  the column. They changed to the car-type
>system a little later. I am not sure which year.

1961-63 for the cable-operated switch, 1964-65 for the column-hub-style
assembly.

>I would start under the dash at the point that the circuit heads back to
>the rear bulb. The fact that the front bulb works indicates that the
>switch is likely okay.

Not necessarily.  I have experienced the same failure -- non-flashing
front, non-anything rear, due to a bad cable-operated switch.  Note, while
the cable-operated switches are different for early cars and for FCs, the
difference is only in the mounting.  They can be substituted with a little
ingenuity.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net