<VV> Re: ALTERNATORS - CS 130 vs. SI 10

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:13:04 EDT 2005

Hank beat me to it- I wouldn't recommend a CS 130 for anything. I've had
three cars that had them as standard and have had to replace a total of 9 or
10 so far. I've gotten to the point of being able to do the swap in ten
minutes or less!
On the other hand I've had an SI 10 (the first style GM internally regulated
alt) in my street rod since 1976. I've NEVER had a problem with it. I
changed the brushes in it once just as a part of the car's overhaul not
because I had to. The SI series is an easy swap for corvairs.
                                Ed