<VV> new car for me - towing

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Apr 13 16:39:23 EDT 2005

I don't think the seller is a cheapskate, he just hadn't got around to it yet.  He has several Corvairs and is quite busy with them.  He sold this one to "thin the herd" a little I think.  He said he trying to find an alignment guy who knew about Corvairs rather than just someone at random.

I think I got a bargain - the car is in great shape.  All the suspension bits are new and/or cleaned up and painted.  The engine runs sweet and it brakes (not breaks) better than any Corvair I've driven lately.

What do you mean by checking the trans differential 1st?  Check the fluid levels?  So (assuming good fluids) nothing in the trans/diff will be hurt by being towed down the road without the engine running?

I'm pretty sure I'll be working on it at some point.

I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home.

mike

No problem....check the trans differential 1st!

Hope you didn't pay a lot....why wouldn't he have gotten it aligned?  $60
???

You may get to work on it yet!  gggg   Keep us informed!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V