<VV> new car for me - towing

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62 at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 09:52:32 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/14/2005 5:53:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vairtec at optonline.net writes:

It's not  my car, but I'm unconvinced.  If this car has poor alignment, it's
going to tow poorly.  And if it has really poor alignment, it will be
virtually untowable at speed.

And if the front end alignment is  poor, and you put it on a tow dolly
backwards, it will be untowable and it  will sway hideously and... and...

This whole scenario is an accident in  the making.

I'm with Bob on this one do an alignment in his shop. There should be  room
around the car were it sat when I saw it. then DRIVE it home. But if you do
tow it rear first make sure the front has tow out to help it track. Toe out in
reverse is the same as toe in when driving it.

rich
_www.shepswoodncrafts.com_ (http://www.shepswoodncrafts.com/)
www.shepswoodncrafts.com/laserengraving.html