Alignment Re: <VV> new car for me - towing

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 13:30:12 EDT 2005

Ken,
    Even better is to do what I did when I took son Jim's
"PurpleCorsaVertible" to the alignment shop.  I simply copied the appropriate pages from the Shop
Manual and drew in arrows showing the exact nuts/bolts that had to be turned
to do the alignment correctly.  Of course I also gave him the desired settings
we wanted.  He said he couldn't get both front wheels at 6 deg. caster so we
compromised on 5 degrees for each.  (Jim was into autocrossing at the time.)
The alignment guy said it was easy once he knew just WHERE to make each
adjustment.
    Frank "not always properly aligned" Burkhard

In a message dated 4/14/05 10:21:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,