<VV> Vair Powered Boat Assistance

scott morehead smorehead at lycos.com
Thu Apr 14 16:21:10 EDT 2005

If anyone on the list has any information that could provide Mike, I'd appreciate it.  Many thanks in advance

Mctrainengineer at aol.com  Add to Address Book
Date:	Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:24:44 EDT
Subject:	airboat power
To:	moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Hi there. Building an airboat 18' x 8' and considering different power options. The old corvair engine came to mind, being air cooled and all. Power to weight ratio is a consideration, so I am sure this is much lighter. Are you familiar with any corvair powered airboat success stories? I am not planning on something real fast, like some Chevy 454 boats I have seen. Like 150-200 horsepower would likely be fine. Thanks for your time

        Mike in Florida

Scott Morehead