<VV> I'm back.... again!!!!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 15:06:24 EDT 2005

Hey everybody,
I got back home friday night, and spent most of yesterday sleeping, since
they didn't want me sleeping there at the hospital. Every hour it seemed like
those nursing school students, most of them young black girls, were coming in
bugging me for something... "Time ta take yo blood pressah Missah Annasin", "Time
ta take yo shuger count Missah Annasin", "Time ta take yo tempachur Missah
Annasin"... I was very polite, and finally got the bright idea to get a couple
of cotton balls to stuff in my ears and took my red bandana and used it as a
blind fold, then Lorna, the Filipino nurse, came in and though I was waiting for
the firing squad.... she was cute...
And the highlight of my stay was Friday... one of the ladies from Physical
Therapy stopped in to make sure I could operate the crutches... she was blonde,
in her late 40s, fairly nice looking... we talked a while as the nurse removed
the IV (I'd been hooked up to a morphine drip for almost a full day)... I
told her I'd meet her at the door but first I needed to hit the restroom.... once
I finished up and stepped outside the room this lovely blonde, about 5' 7'
and in her late 20s, ample bosom pushing out under one of those Dr coats, walks
up to me and says "Mr. Anderson?" Yessss? I reply,.... "Are you married?"... I
thought HERE'S THAT ONE IN A MILLION CHANCE!!!  I said "Why? Are You???"...
she turned the brightest shade of red any of her co-workers had ever seen! I
told her we could talk about it over a cup of coffee, but she ran away. Anyway,
I'm sure you don't want to hear about me chasing the pretty nurses (I couldn't
catch them anyway) and you're more interested in what they did with my leg...
Well, they took out the old rod, and inserted a larger one... the assisting
Dr said we went from a #38 to a #40, so they went back into my heel and did
that... while the old rod was still in there they inserted some pins to hold my
leg bone in place... they were inserted at the halfway point up my shin, and at
the base of the shin bone, two in each place... they hurt more than anything
else they did. They also went into the outer side where the fibula is and took
some bone off of it, and attached a plate to insure it grows straight. I
think they may have attached another plate to the tibia, but I'm not certain... I
up then.
Well, there ya have it... I'm almost back to my ornery old self.... just the
pain slows me down a bit... I gotta tell ya, Cheryl has been a real trooper...
she's doing all the yard work, since I can barely stand on one leg without
something hurting to the verge of tears...
I'll keep y'all posted, and thanks for all the notes and cards. I should be
back up and about real soon. As for driving around, the little green 64 sedan
will be sitting still for a few weeks, but if the weather stays like this, I'll
have to find a way to get outside and do something... it is absolutely
beautiful here in KY!
Take care,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)