<VV> Electric fuel pump installation

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Sun Apr 17 20:16:33 EDT 2005

There are vehicles, Audis for example, that have their fuel pump in the
fuel tank, and the filter downstream in the engine compartment.  On my
not-yet-finished Corvair project, the electric fuel pump has been placed
in the space just behind the driver's floor pan where it is protected
from brush (which I don't _plan_ to encounter).  The filter is in the
engine compartment.  Except for a small detour to the pump, outgoing and
returning fuel lines follow the standard route.

kirby, 66 turbo Corsa