<VV> Painting at home: my GMC motorhome painting project (little Corvair)

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 21:23:16 EDT 2005

I was done with the GMC motorhome's niggling little touch-up body work on
Monday, (oops, not quite), then Wednesday (oops again), then Friday (will this
ever end?).  I finally finished the body touch up on  Saturday.  Like the
Energizer bunny, it just kept going on  and on.  The sealer went on yesterday
afternoon and I  sprayed the metallic black color on the lower body this morning.
I  don't have enough available width in the shop to paint both sides at once,
so I  painted one side and the front, then drove it out and turned it around
and  backed it in to paint the other side and the rear.  That was pretty
interesting since the windows are all masked.  My wife stood outside with  her
cell phone and I drove, following her directions through my phone.   Talk on the
phone and drive at the same time? No Problem!  With the  exception of one
panel, the finish is great.  Tomorrow I'll mask-off  the lower body and paint the
smoke-silver on the upper body. Woo Hoo!  The  project has taken SO many hours
over the past month, I can't tell you.  I  will say this:  I'll be happy to
get back to the EO Corsa convertible  project.  It's time to take out my spare
140 install the EFI motor in  preparation for the convention tech session on
EFI.  In the future, would  someone please shoot me if I mention painting a
motorhome?   <ggg>
Craig Nicol
65,66,67 Corvairs and one very shiny GMC  motorhome