<VV> Carter YH issues

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Mon Apr 18 12:49:41 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Tony Underwood
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 1:08 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> Carter YH issues

\At 04:59 hours 04/18/2005, Duane, Jim wrote:
>Tony, I figured you had the bases covered.  Let us know (I know you'll
>find it) what it is!  Good luck!

For what it's worth:

Dismounted the carb, pulled it apart.   Tried blowing air through the
idle
mixture screw passage in the iron base casting, no problems.   Again
tried
blowing air through the matching passage which exits at the top of the
potmetal casting, no luck, still blocked.   Picked up a can of carb
cleaner, jammed the nozzle against the *bottom* end of the carb passage
and tried to shoot carb cleaner through it from the other direction, no
luck  at first, then with a "pop" the passage unclogged and a blast of
carb cleaner shot out of the top of the bowl where the passage loops
through the
top cover.   I didn't find whatever it was which was plugging the carb
passage  (it shot across the driveway) but it's suspect that a flake of
powder coat was the culprit.
<<<SNIP>>>
Oh to be Atwood...   Good catch!!!!

Jim Duane