<VV> Weekend 66 trip - no Helen

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 16:09:43 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/18/2005 12:34:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Will head for San Bernardino and pick up on whatever remnants of old US 66
> I can
> find.  Hope to make  around 250 miles that night.  If I'm reading the map
> right - and want to stay on or near 66, it will be Route 15 to Barstow and
> Route 40 to Needles.  Could I do that in 5 hours or less?  I figure that it
> will be getting pretty close to midnight by then (2AM Illinois time).

***********************

More like 8 hrs..if lucky!  Also  do it a night!   I-15  out of Berdoo  is
the infamous  Cajon Pass....not as bad as the Grapevine..but a long steady
pull...seat puller for many...but most make it fine...

I would go out I-10  to Blythe and cut north to I-40  on Cal 95  OR     at
Desert Center [ hwy 177]  go north to 62  and over to Vidal Junction,  then
further to Parker  for the night...then North on  AZ 95  thu Lake Havasu  and hit
I -40 east of Needles...

Look at the maps..it's simple!...no hills to speak of...Motorhomes go this
way....

In Kingman AZ  hit Andy Devine Blvd [ Rt 66]  and go to Seligman where you
rejoin I-40   Don't forget to snack at the RoadKill Cafe!

Good luck and have fun!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V