<VV> 85 isn't the point

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 17:10:16 EDT 2005

> ====85 mpg carburetor/ Sure, right next to your soon-to-be-delivered
> Brooklyn
> Bridge! ====

OK guys, I can save you a lot of backyard science and typing messages to the forum. I picked 85 mpg out of the hat to illustrate that the industry has done a lot of experimenting, testing and engineering with all kinds of ideas that you aren't going to see on a production car. I wrote it in reaction to the notion that if the General didn't put SOME ONE CERTAIN EXACT PARTICULAR THING  (AS IN ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING NOT JUST AN 85 MPG CARB) out to the public, it wouldn't work.

Of course two YS carbs (the target of the original comment) would work. Why shouldn't it? Putting a Holly 350 CFM or bigger on a Corvair works. Putting 6-pack carbs on a V8 works. Blowers work. Turbos work. Huge 28 cylinder radials with both turbos and superchargers worked on WWII bombers.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass if you can't get 85 mpg out of today's carbs. DDDDDUUUUHHHH!!!!  And if there is SOMETHING ELSE out there that gives you 85 mpg, do you think someone is going to send you an engraved invitation soliciting your opinion?

I'll propose one more suprer revolutionary unheard of not on a Corvair proulsion idea. Fuel cells work. Science didn't give up when the Hindenburg burned.