<VV> Heat Shrouds

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Apr 19 16:12:01 EDT 2005

The reason the barrel shields are on the bottoms of the cylinders is to
even out the internal temperatures of the cylinder. Without it, GM
discovered an uneven, wide range of temperatures in the cylinders as the
engine was running. This would result in all sorts of heat-caused
warpage and meltdown problems.

So DO NOT run the engine without the barrel shields!

-Mark