<VV> Nutty lunatic or loony nut needs CASE

Jeff Boatright jboatri at emory.edu
Tue Apr 19 17:10:42 EDT 2005

Hi all,

While we're discussing the all-consuming question of "Am I nuts or is
this lunacy?" (a question that my wife frequently asks of me), I'd
like to put out a request for a 1965-69 case (or complete engine).
I'm one of those nutty loons or loony nuts who plans to convert a
Corvair engine for use in an airplane. I got an engine through this
list several months ago (thanks!), but it turns out that the case was
not good enough for aero use. Not to fear, it's already gone to
someone for use in an auto resto.

So, does anyone local to Atlanta have a 1965-69 case or entire engine
for cheap? Usually these have an "R" for the second to last digit in
the engine case code, for example, RR, RD, RA, RH. A 1964 case or
engine will do if had the long stroke crank and the internal
clearance for it, e.g., a a "relieved" case.

Thanks much for any input, even if only to confirm my wife's worst fears!

Jeff
--

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
mailto:jboatri at emory.edu