<VV> Model name question (Non-Corvair)

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 10:20:44 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Alan and Clare Wesson
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:48 AM
To: Thomas Stingl; J R Read_HML
Cc: Virtual Vairs
Subject: Re: <VV> Model name question (Non-Corvair)

Thomas wrote:

> Don't forget, words and pronunciation can have a quite different
> ring overseas e.g. most of my US guests get the fits seeing the signs
> on the Autobahn: Ausfahrt ... (exit) :-)

Ah yes, The sometimes shortsightedness of the folks that create names for
products. The last time that we lived in Germany there was an new ice cream
product introduced to the market.  It was a cylinder of vanilla ice cream
with a chocolate covering that was mounted of a wooden stick.  Hold on to
the stick and then eat the ice cream was the idea.  The clever name of this
product was "Prick".  Caused me a good chuckle every time I saw them in the
grocery store.

Jim B.