<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 157

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Thu Apr 21 10:29:39 EDT 2005

At 11:46 PM 4/20/05 -0400, mike wrote:

>I want to put a tach where the clock would go in my Monza.  Can a Corsa
>tach be made to fit (relatively easily)?  I realize I'd have to make my
>own numbers on the clear plastic but and have jackleg a method to hold it
>to the back of the dash but will it fit in the available real estate?

Funny this should come up now....  I am working on a kit to do this very
thing.  I have a source of 6000 RPM generic tachometers that will fit
behind the center dial of the Monza/500 dash.  I have figured a way to mate
the housing of the tach to the center dial piece.  All that remains is to
figure out is a method of printing numbers and tic marks on the blank dial.
(Dry transfers?, silk screen?,  --I have found a computer font that is very
close)  A shortened fuel gauge pointer finishes off the works to look like
a factory option.

Is there any other interest besides Mike's?

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI