<VV> tach for monza

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Apr 22 00:34:45 EDT 2005

Have already done that. The key would be to cut off the front part of
the metal cup at just the right height. Then make sure the screw channel
on top and the flat on the bottom are perfectly alighned with the
matching surfaces in the Monza housing. Then seal the joint between the
two metal parts. The tach can be wired either thru the regular body plug
OR separately. The only thing you'll need after that is numbers on the
faceplate. I machined out the plastic Corsa tach faceplate (lense) and
glued it into the Monza faceplate.

It's not an easy job, and aftermarket tachs are available that work just
as well. But it's interesting to try.

-Mark