<VV> A/C Suggestions (Eric Holte)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sat Apr 23 00:51:26 EDT 2005

Since you are not worried about being stock, I'd recommend a combination
of stock and aftermarket parts. The dash and trunk parts, with the
exception of maybe the dehydrator, are best left stock, as nothing fits
as well as stock. A good second choice would be something that fits snug
to the bottom of the dash. Also use the '66-7 style firewall-mounted
condensor, as that gets it out of your way in the engine compartment.
Just remember that it depends upon having the compartment well-sealed.
Then use an aftermarket compressor like a Sankyo. The only hitch is that
with a 140, there's almost no escaping interference with a spare tire.
There just is virtually no room for ANY kind of compressor with the
secondary carb in the way. But go with a throwaway spare in the trunk.

If you need more help, post me offline.

-Mark C (Prez of the Air'Vair Group for air conditioned Corvairs)