<VV> stripped Corvairs

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Sat Apr 23 21:19:40 EDT 2005

At 04:22 PM 4/23/2005, rgubser wrote:
>In October, 1965 my parents won a new '66 Corvair in a church raffle. It
>was a 500 coupe with NO options, Sandalwood Tan with Fawn interior. It's
>strange that I like Corvairs now, because as an 11-year-old kid back then
>I hated it. (I wanted Dad to trade in his '60 Impala and the Corvair in
>exchange for the Aztec Bronze Chevelle SS396 in the dealer's showroom!)
>Dad kept the Corvair until the fall of '68 when he traded it in on a
>leftover '68 Buick. I wonder if the 'Vair survived?

Ralph:

That was even "slimmer" than mine.  My first new car was a '65 500
coupe.  I did have the 110/4 (for safety reasons I told my wife) and the
fold down rear seat (for family expansion my wife told me) and the much
coveted, highly rare, radio-delete option.   :)

I traded it in 1968 because my wife was right about the family, so we
bought a new 1968 VW Bus -- with the highly desired 4 cylinder engine that
apparently was later installed in lots of e-bay corvairs.

Ken