<VV> How does it all fit in there???

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:41:42 EDT 2005

Wow. I've been working at cleaning the rockers out of my convertable
on occasion. I have tried the vaccum cleaner, could only get in there
a short distance. I tried using the water hose and forcing the dirt,
leaves, accorns etc... out of the driver side rocker. Hose wouldn't do
it, by the way, both ends of the rockers in the wheel houses are open.
Well, rusted open. So, I decided to make a real mess. I fired up my
gasoline powered pressure washer. Well, let me tell you, it worked.
Should see the mess after it let go! Stuff went flying everywhere!
After is was all cleaned out, I took a peak inside. VERY solid in
there, suprising. Parts of the inner rocker "Z" bar still has the
factory primer/coating on it. I was very suprised and pleased. The
passanger side, I was able to vaccum out because the inner rocker
where the floor attaches too was rotted away. That side too is solid.
I got the front fender patch panel welded in yesterday on the
passenger side. Body work and primed. Next is the driver side fender.
Need to do a lot of work to that fender. It has been replaced at some
point, and not very well. There were sections across the top in the
trunk jamb that were not welded. And the part of the fender that
attaches to the door post, NO welds. This one is going to take a
little time. Floors are all welded/patched up. I finally feel like I'm
getting somewhere with my project.

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.