<VV> RE: An Ultra Great Vair Race [ fantasy?]

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 20:37:21 EDT 2005

 4pm  PDT     While waiting for my artichoke to cook.....gggggg .....  I
Googled Ypsilanti  to Palm Springs.....2292 miles 32 hrs @  71mph [ average of ALL
 roads / miles mapped].

This is a reasonable mileage.....starting from the eastern part of the
nation......easy for "most"  CORSA  member to get to....2nd week in
November.....weather is "mild"  for most of the nation....and only a few checkpoints to allow
flexibility in route choice.

We'd start on the Wednesday before the Great Western FanBelt Toss...."Clock
on"  at the Museum..and  finish at the Host Hotel for that year.  Being true
gentlemen / ladies,  we'd allow the extra day for those that were unfortunate
enough to have "trouble"  of any sort......and allow for a reasonable / legal
average speeds....ggggg  NO   "chase - support" vehicles allowed...within 100
miles. No one would want to miss the Toss!

The "goal / winner"  would be the fastest to get to PS!  Cut and dry....next
car is the 1st loser!  Any Corvair vehicle.....Corvair powered or not!

A reasonable "retainer" would be required to pay the car hauler / crew, to
get the broken car[s] to the "nearest place of repair"....the winner holding the
$$$  and being responsible for paying the tow bills....gggggggg  Anything
left over.....who cares!

5pm PDT  Now fully sated ......I have a plan....gggg

I'd use an LM  4dr  with 2 batteries and an extra gas tank....95 hp  with
Powerglide and 3.08's,  probably the most reliable configuration around, IMO!
Just myself and one friend.  The 4dr??   to make access to the sleeping
berth......supplies easier!

The "car hauler"?  I'll supply that!  $75  hookup / $1  mile...........got to
hedge my bet!  ggggg

So...if this gets your juices flowing.......Tell us...how would you do it?

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V