<VV> "delete" options-no Corvair-some Camaro

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 22:15:32 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/24/2005 3:52:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvair at mts.net writes:

Interesting discussion on options and delete items on the Corvair.  This
brings up an interesting game played by the dealers currently.  Recently, I
bought a new Silverado. Automatic transmission was standard; no  extra cost.
but I wanted a 5 speed. It was available, BUT as a $400 CREDIT.  So that
makes the automatic a $400 OPTION. Right?

Harry  Yarnell

My favorite was the Camaro Z28 in the last few years of production.  The
6-speeds were hard to get. The factory was "supply" limited (of the actual
transmissions) equal to about 15% of production. The rest had to be automatics.  But
the dealers were getting requests from customers for about 15% automatics
and the rest 6-speeds. The 6-speed was standard, the automatic about an $800
option. The six speeds were so rare, the dealers were getting full Sticker
price for them - and so many automatics were available that they had to drop
$1500 off to move them. Okay - So - What was the price of the  Automatic Trans
"really"? It seems to me that you paid about  $700 extra for the Automatic Trans
delete otion if you wanted a  6-speed!   That was strange!

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette