<VV> Springfest

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Mon Apr 25 03:49:37 EDT 2005

Smitty says:  Just got back from the Springfest in Helen GA.  You know
that is where the Georgia folks like to make as if they are living in the
Alps.  People run around in lederhosen and pointy hats with feathers in
them.  Some got more Alpine effect than they bargained for.  Left VA
Beach in the mid 70s and it was in the 40s down south there.  Rainy too.
No one tells a bunch of Corvair Nut Cases they can't have fun in the cold
and wet though.  It actually was a pretty good show and it actually did
not rain during the important outdoor events.  Lon was there peddling
parts and Corvair Motorsports.  Maybe another half dozen were vending
used parts.  The banquets were great with gobs of good food and the
ceremonys were well MCd.  Very entertaining.  The Georgia folks did a
good job.
        While I had the wagon in the Peoples Choice display I was proudly
flying the BBRT flag on my antenna, right there in the Homeland of WTBRT.
 Sometime during the day the flag disappeared.  We all know the Frontman
had nothing to do with its disappearance but I had to ask him anyway.  He
said, I don't have your flag.  Then he turned to his cohort, WTBRT #2 (I
don't think they get titles in that organization ) and says,  Tell him I
don't have his flag.  In pretty much the same manner Clyde would tell
Bonnie, tell him I didn't rob his bank.  We all know the Frontman is
above board (you can tell he is because you can see all of him) and if he
says he doesn't have the BBRT flag and his henchman (sorry, partner)
agrees, so it must be so.  If anyone finds the BBRT flag hanging around
somewhere just mail it collect to the Frontman, and he can give it to me
next time he sees me.