<VV> Tilt Steering Column for an FC?

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 01:36:21 EDT 2005

Since I converted my '63 Greenbrier from an automatic to a 4 speed, I have noticed  the steering is getting sloppy.  I suppose I noticed it because I now have to take one hand off the wheel to shift.

I have decided to rebuild or replace all of the worn steering parts.

A year or two ago I saw a Greenbrier for sale on Ebay that had a tilt column adapted to it.  I didn't think much about it at the time, but now it seems like a good idea since I have everything apart.

I am not sure how this would be done in an FC since the steering column is part of the steering box.  Is there another steering box that would bolt right into place and not have a column attached to it?  Something from another Chevy?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm